Those of you who have had boys, or tom-boys, will know that they ALWAYS get in the wars! These 'wars' seem to happen one after the other once they hurt themselves. 3 years ago, Jo fell off an airport trolley and cut his eye-brow and had to get 3 stitches, and opened the same cut again a few months later by running into a hand-rail, re-stitching again. Do you remember the stubbed-toe syndrome? Once you stub your toe once, you always seem to stub it again and again right before it heals, leaving you with a continuously stubbed toe for months on end. I remember those frustrating days! Jo has a permanent mark under his left eye, and usually bangs it when the Cherry Blossoms come out, in time for the photo sessions.....second year running.
This time, it has been his legs. Last week he came home from school crying with a bandage on his knee. Of course, he said, 'My friend's mother cleaned it for me so you don't have to touch it', and I foolishly believed him. The next day when I went to re-dress the wound, I found that not only had she not treated it, she hadn't even cleaned it. She had stuck a bandage over the top of the dirty stoned-filled wound. After one day of healing, it took one hour in the bath to soften the skin enough to remove the dirt and grass, and embedded stones. The wound was quite deep, so I had to use a cotton bud to dig out some of the sand. Those of you who are nurses, or who wanted to be nurses, are thinking, 'So what'. But, I am the kind who faints at the sight of blood, or throws up, or something totally useless. So, this was very hard for me! But, I got through it and all was well.....until the next day. Jo came home from school again, this time with a scrape up his other leg....cleaning and bandaging again......
Then today, Jo comes home with ANOTHER bandage on his knee, in the same place as the last bandage. Rolling my eyes, I ask him what happened this time...he climbed some fence, blah blah..you can imagine the rest. It turns out 2 or 3 stones got embedded in his knee, right next to the old wound (only 3 days old I might add!). Then, Ken walks in and says, 'Mum, I hurt myself on the way home...' So, I told him to just get in line.
So, after, 3 knees and one finger later, I have totally run out of Curad non-stick pads! The big problem is that we can't buy them here! I tried buying them online, but no-one will ship overseas, so I am stuck with old fashioned, stick-to-the-wound cotton. Ouch!

If anyone is coming over here soon....PLEASE bring me some Curad Non-stick pads....thank you! Oh, and while you are at it...I have run out of Mum deodorant...and am very stinky...any help in that area would be great too! Let's hope there are no more wars until my next supply comes in.
1 comment:
ah boys, snails shells and puppy dog tails, what can ya' say?
Post a Comment